Paranormal Keepers

Paranormal Keepers

Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann


Rating: 3/5 Words
Goodreads Link: Goodreads Link for Paranormal Keepers
Summery: With the discovery that ghosts, mothmen, witches, vampires and all supernatural beings are real, Harper Young finds herself amidst a complex bundle of unseen heroes who call themselves “Keepers," sworn to protect the secrets of the paranormal creatures that walk this earth. As she tries to understand what’s so special about her that she’s able to break an old Keeper law and attend Guardare Academy, Harper has a baffling vision of kissing a mysterious guy before a blade is brought down on him. Before she can get a handle on her future, she becomes central to a battle between the questionable “heroes” and the evil she’s been training to fight, leaving her to wonder if there’s any way to change the fate that has been foretold before it’s too late

Review:
I received this book from Word Slinger Publicity for a free review. I did not recieve anything in return besides a copy of the book. My opinion is unbiased.

Hey everyone! So today I'm reviewing Paranormal Keepers, and the main characters are Harper (Protagonist), Dexter (Love Interest), Sofia (Somewhat Sidekick), Leo (Another Love Interest), and Professor Gehret (Someone what antagonist). It's paranormal romance, young adult book, and has it's fair share of good and bad, Some things I liked included the idea. Although it's kinda the same old paranormal school story, I think that with the way the author headed with it, it has potential to be a great series. I also liked Sofia, she was really cool, but I do wish we got to see more of her, and I don't like the twist she had in the end. I liked the writing style, it's written in first person, and even though Harper is somewhat whiny, it actually wasn't half bad. I did like Harper as well, there of course were parts where I wanted to slap her, but most of the time she was pretty cool. I also liked Gavin, who we meet in the beginning and about midway through the book. He was really sweet, and I loved that scene in the beginning with Harper and Gavin. I also liked the character Bess, who ends up being a witch. I also like Professor Davies, who is my favorite character. He wasn't annoying, but was smart, and I really liked his almost mellow/happy attitude. Now, my dislikes. I disliked Leo, he was the character I disliked the most. He had huge moods swings, and he had nice parts, but the random mood swings were just unexplained and annoying. I also disliked the love story that was put it, I don't know if the author was trying to make a love triangle or what, but it never even got that far. Some parts, like Leo, the love story, and Harper's roommates. They're underdeveloped, but are somewhat major events in the story, so I wish we had a little more on them. Speaking of the book itself, I hated the weird colored, size, and just the font itself, but the cover was really pretty. Overall, I did like the book, but hope in the second book that some of the gaping story holes are filled in!

In a small, mysterious little world, Natasha

Comments

Popular Posts