Just Like The Movies

Hello readers! So great to see you again. Long time, no see? Anyway, I won't be gone for the next week or so! You can look forward to at least one other book review, one tag, and then I'm going to do three ebook reviews! Wow! It's a lot for me, but I'm confident I can get it done. Anyway, I just read this book last night, and am so excited to write a review on it!

18018509Just Like The Movies by Kelly Fiore

Rating: 3/5 Worlds 

Symbiosis: 


Pretty and popular track star Marijke Monti is confident about almost everything – she’s got great friends, a great family, and she’s on her way to the State Track Championship. In fact, the only thing Marijke isn’t confident about is her relationship with Tommy Lawson.

Lily Spencer has spent her entire high school career preparing for the future – she’s participated in every extracurricular activity and volunteer committee she could. But, at home, she watches her mother go on date after date with dud-dudes, still searching for “the one.” Lily realizes that she’s about to graduate and still hasn’t even had a boyfriend.

While they live on each other’s periphery at school, Lily and Marijke never seemed to have much in common; but, after a coincidental meeting at the movie theater, Lily gets an idea – why can’t life be like a movie? Why can’t they set up their perfect romantic situations, just in time for their senior prom, using movie techniques?

Once the girls come up with the perfect plans, they commit themselves to being secret cohorts and, just like in the movies, drama ensues.
Review:

"Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover." You remember that saying? Well, in all honesty... I'm one to judge. Most of the books I read, or have on my book shelf are, in fact, chosen because of their beautiful cover. So I love a good cover. And this cover I liked. The picture was pretty, although I would have chosen a different font.

Now, my rating. I rated this 3/5 because it was a nice book, although it seemed a little boring at times. I like the cover, and the idea, and some parts in the story, but I feel like there was potential that was never achieved. I'm not saying it's a bad book, because it is good, but if you're wanting a book that you can really lose yourself in, this isn't it. 

Anyway, this is about two girls who are from completely different social circles, and have either a failing love life, or no love life. Meet Marijke, and Lily. In terms of characters, they were developed nicely, right between the line of round and flat. They could be better, but they're good for the story. I feel like Marijke having her hurdling was great, but she seemed to be really dependent on her relationship with her boyfriend. I wished she was a little more independent, and maybe at the end would realize that. Speaking of Tommy, Marijke's boyfriend, I really didn't like his character. He seemed either really bratty or ignorant. I felt like he really didn't care for Marijke at time, and their actual romantic moments seemed like it was a one time thing, not that he actually care. Lily, is a lot like me, and I enjoy reading her point of view, but in the beginning I didn't really like how she was portrayed. At times in the beginning she seemed whiny, and was bland. She changed a bit, becoming less shy. Her crush on Joe seemed a little obsessive, and I feel like it's a little hard to go straight from strangers to friends, I would have figured that would take time. 

The story's plot, was a decent idea, but I feel we lost it halfway through. There were really quick, unrealistic friendships, and the whole movie idea disappeared. I liked the light, clean romance, but it wasn't my favorite romance ever. The characters weren't ship-able, which is one of my favorite things to do. The book itself was cute, and light hearted. If you're looking for a cute read, go get this book. 

I feel like this was a really short review! Woah! Well, I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving! Don't butter anyone's ears!





In My Little World Of Lovey Dovey, Natasha 



Comments

Popular Posts